"I did not miss any tuition classes and group studies which the school organised as I could not afford to take private tuition with my parents small income."
"Her father is a fisherman and her mother is a cleaner."
"I plan to further my studies overseas so that I can help my parents and my siblings in the future."
- Nik Nur Madihah Nik Mohd Kamal
"I come from a poor family and my mother is the sole breadwinner after the death of my father two years ago.
"For me, poverty is a blessing because it motivates me to work hard and to ensure I strive for excellence in whatever I do."
- Noraziatul Atikah Idris
"The gap between students in the urban and rural areas has been bridged and this is visible in their (rural students') better performance compared with their peers in towns.
My conclusion from the above statements (extracted from the N3w Str@its T1mes)
- Poverty is not a hinderance to success
On these days, one should not use poverty as an excuse for not being able to perform. There're many examples of excellent students who actually come from poor family. This year, the best student of SPM 2008 has proven it.
- Never miss any resources availabe. The school always organize free tuition class and I believe all teachers are ever ready to assist. Take advantage of it. Use them errrr.. wisely ;).
- Modern technology ie: handphone (misuse them), computer games like PSP hurt many times. The more you enjoy them, the lesser your concentration in studies :).
- High self esteem such as confidence in oneself is required in every individual to succeed.
- Never give up. Try your utmost best. Once you fail, it does not mean it is the end of the world. There are many rooms of improvement. All you need is willingness to change and be better :).
- Family values is crucially important. The support from every individual in a family would help a student to do better in studies. Insyaallah.
Of course, there are a few other factors could lead to one success. But, what I want to stress here is, never say "poverty cause me to fail". It's no longer valid :).