Yesterday, we had a first aid session in the dakwah centre. Besides the usual procedure like what to do if your kids had a fever and a few other stuff, we also listened to a very good tips. According to our ustazah, somebody have done some research on the matter. They have summarized the findings on a piece of paper. Below is what we have received from the dakwah centre.
The Prophet as a Doctor
In his lifetime, the Prophet had recommended some things to be taken in greater quantities that the others. These then turned out to become the medicine for true mUslims, as the foods suggested are full of Shifa and act as remedy for so many mishaps that may occur.
1. It consists of sucrose, fructose, vitamins, proteins and natural salts
2. It is antiseptic, cough depressant and a natural source of instant energy
3. It increases immunity against infectious diseases and reduces allergies by suppressing the sensitivity system
4. It can be used as a treatment for stomach indigestion and intestinal related diseases, wounds, cuts and burns, pimples and zits including eczema.
5. Treatment for Diarrhea: one glass of water with 2 tbsp of honey
1. It is anti-poisonous and a good source of iron (Good for Anemic people)
2. Treats Jaundice
3. Dosage: seven should be taken every morning, if it is not possible three or five (try to take in odd umbers). Aajwa dates are recommended.
4. Strengthens heart, nervous system and brain
5. Balances cholesterol levels
6. In 100g of dates, there are 214 calories, 2g protein, 24g of carbohydrates (starch), 75.4g potassium, 63.9g calcium, 1.61g Iron, 58.9g Magnesium, Sulfur and fiber.
- Black Seeds
1. It has also been mentioned in the Bible
2. Healing of many diseases usually taken in odd numbers preferably seven at a time.
3. Can be used to treat respiratory oriented diseases such as ashtma and respiratory infections.
4. Also helpful for indigestion, Flatulence (accumulation of gases), Aerophagy (informally known as burps).
5. It kills off any parasitic worms that may be present in the intestine or stomach region.
6. Regulates mentrual flow.
- Olive Oil
1. Can be used as a moisturizer since it has soothing and healing qualities.
2. Best for any colon (intestinal) cancer
3. In Japan, for colon cancer, people treat themselves with olive oil and figs.
4. It also decreases cholesterol levels, so should be used as a substitute for normal cooking oil in food
5. Also cures ulcers in mouth and revives memory. Food for arthritis and strokes
6. If 1 tbsp is taken for a couple of days at night, any worms will be flushed out
7. Lightens face, making it glow and look fresh.
1. It is anti-depressant and energizing
2. It strengthens the heart and lowers blood pressure
3. Consumption: porridge should be prepared in milk and taken with honey in times of sickness.
1. Best remedy for treating fever (a body shower is recommended as a cure)
2. Cleanses and revives the inner body system
3. It is un-substitutable and is the basic need of life. Consuming Zamzam is eve better